top of page
Modification v. Contempt

Modification is appropriate when the initial order no longer works or is appropriate for the child(ren).

An order whether it be custody or child support can be modified if there has been a material change of circumstances that substantially affects the best interest of the child(ren) AND this change has occurred since the initial order.


Contempt is appropriate when the order still could work but for the other side’s compliance.   A contempt motion will require the noncomplying party to appear before the judge to explain why they are not obeying the order. 

bottom of page